[Lexicog] boring question

Melissa Axelrod axelrod at UNM.EDU
Mon Jun 6 02:00:12 UTC 2005

Hi all-
  I'm interested in the relationships between sentences like 'I'm bored'
and 'It's boring (to me)'. Are these two sentences possible with
inflectionally related words in other languages as well? Also, I'm
interested in semantic extensions of 'boring'. In ASL, the sign can mean
not only 'bored/boring' but also 'yuck', 'no way' and 'I refuse to do
that'. Is that common in other languages as well?
  Thanks,
  Melissa

http://us.click.yahoo.com/RzSHvD/UOnJAA/79vVAA/HKE4lB/TM