[Lexicog] Arabic root of "word" and "injure"

Caner Onoglu caneronoglu at ALTACA.COM
Mon Jun 6 08:10:29 UTC 2005

Hello,
Somebody long ago told me that the root of "word" in Arabic was the
same with the root of "injure" (or may be cut?) He said this in the
context of our discussion on Tao. As commonly known "the ultimate tao
cannot be spoken, or is silent" Ha claimed Arabic language by having
the same root for "word" and "injure" addressed this fact. That is to
say
each time we utter a word we also injure the truth in a deep sense.
I wonder if this information is correct? I will appraciate if an
Arabic speaking person can clarify this.
Best Regards,
Caner

P.S: I sent this message several times because of a computer problem,
if it ends up to appear several times in the group please accept my
appologizes.