[Lexicog] emoticon dictionaries (was: "orientate" (was Frequency ...)

Dr. Hayim Y. Sheynin hsheynin at GRATZ.EDU
Fri Jun 10 17:30:15 UTC 2005

Dear Fritz,

What do you mean << emoticon "dictionaries">>

Best wishes,
Hayim

________________________________

From: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
[mailto:lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Fritz Goerling
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 11:36 AM
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Lexicog] emoticon dictionaries (was: "orientate" (was
Frequency ...)

Well, Mike,

Two emoticon "dictionaries" I consulted had -)
The latter symbol is minimalist, yours is expressive.
Maybe we can start on a new thread of discussion: emoticon dictionaries
;-)

 Fritz

	>          "In terms of articulatory phonetics, I'm saying all
of this
	>         with an
	>         intermolar lateral."
	>
	>         Steve White:
	>
	>         Now what's the IPA symbol for that?

	Well, the standard emoticon is:

	      ;-^)

	Sort of gives diacritics a whole new meaning!

	--
	Mike Sangrey

*	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of