[Lexicog] Shoebox help

Greg and Heather Mellow gh_mellow at SIL.ORG
Fri Jun 24 09:02:57 UTC 2005

I would appreciate some help with Shoebox.

I am using Shoebox/MDF to produce a dictionary. When I export into a Finderlist some of the entries don't look right.

For example, my Shoebox entry for (kokoro, verb, sink) has a main entry and two sub-entries that have different parts of speech, (kokoro stative verb, deep) and (kokoro, noun, hole). Since the surface form of the two subentries is identical to the main entry, the Finderlist entries for the two subentries become:

deep (water)          kokoro, see: kokoro.

hole        kokoro, see: kokoro.

It is undesirable to have the equivalent word apparently stated twice. Is there some way of making Shoebox/MDF give just a single equivalent?

Like this:

deep (water)          kokoro

hole        kokoro

Regards, Greg