[Lexicog] Re: "orientate" (was Frequency ...)

Kenneth C. Hill kennethchill at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jun 24 23:32:13 UTC 2005

This reminds me of an anecdote I heard while I was a student in Washington
DC. A woman from Massachusetts asks the taxicab driver to take her to an
address on [a:] Street. She doesn't like where she is driven and
admonishes the driver, "[a:] Street, as in [a:], S, T." The driver
answers, "Ma'am, where I come from, it's [a:], J, K."

--Ken Hill