[Lexicog] factional

Helge Gundersen helge.gundersen at ILN.UIO.NO
Wed Jun 29 10:56:45 UTC 2005

"Factional" doesn't have the same meaning as "factual". "Factional" is a
blend of "fiction" and "fact" and relates to a particular style or genre
of writing or other expression.

In fact, the Macmillan English Dictionary for Advanced Learners does
have the noun "faction" (which probably was coined before the
adjective): "informal, a story, film or television programme that is a
mixture of real and imaginary events or people".

I don't know who started it!

-- Helge