[Lexicog] rules when it comes to latin word roots

Peter Kirk peterkirk at QAYA.ORG
Tue Mar 1 01:00:50 UTC 2005

On 28/02/2005 20:12, John Roberts wrote:

> I can't imagine that the coiners of such new words as "Globoboss"
> "Krunk" "Losingest" "Meanderthal" referred to their Greek and
> Latin etymologies.

Maybe not these words, but the very first word at your site indicates
that such things are considered: the all-Greek "andropause" is preferred
to the miscegenation "viropause". Well, there are some other mixtures
here, but "psychodramatic" and "sarcastrophe" are also all Greek (and
all Greek to me!), as is "televangelist" which is better than "television".

> But I hate it when I get behind a vehicular meanderthal.

So do I!

Peter

--
Peter Kirk