[Lexicog] gravypathy

Chaz and Helga Mortensen chaz_mortensen at SIL.ORG
Wed Mar 2 17:34:45 UTC 2005

Whether you say "graVIpathy" or "graviPAthy", the word sounds wrong.
And if you pronounce it "GRAvipathy" it sounds like something related
to homeopathy or osteopathy. So people would think it is a branch of
medicine where people are treated with weight or with gravy. In my
opinion there is no way to make it sound right in English.

-Chaz

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TzSHvD/SOnJAA/79vVAA/HKE4lB/TM