[Lexicog] collocations

Fritz Goerling Fritz_Goerling at SIL.ORG
Tue Mar 29 23:14:30 UTC 2005

Isn't Mc Weirdo an interesting collocation?
Hey, Mac, can you be a little bit more specific so that we can help you?

Fritz Goerling

P.S.: Peter, it is hard to beat a Brit when it comes to puns.
         How about this addition to the list for lexophiles which I just
received
         from an American colleague?:
         "Swiss cheese is sold holesale!"

  On 28/03/2005 19:45, mc_weirdo wrote:

  >Hi everybody!
  >
  >I'm writing a paper about collocations in dictionaries. Do you know
  >any sights that have articles on this topic?

  "sights"?

  A possible addition to Fritz's list for lexophiles - although not up to
  the standard of many of them:

  An interesting image on the Internet is called a web sight.

  or:

  The last thing the fly saw was a web sight.

  --
  Peter Kirk