[Lexicog] Article needed

Mary Boyce mary.b at HUIA.CO.NZ
Mon May 9 20:55:52 UTC 2005

Hello,
I do not have an electronic version of the paper you are looking for,
but I do have some suggestions for other references that may be useful.

I suggest that if you haven't already done so, you look at Averil
Coxhead's work on the Academic Word List - here is her webpage, and it
has a link to her work on the academic word list.
http://language.massey.ac.nz/staff/ac.shtml. Averil now works at Massey
University.

Also, Teresa Mhiwa Chung completed a PhD at Victioria University of
Wellington on technical vocabulary - you may also find that useful. The
details from the university library catalogue for her thesis are copied
below. You may also find articles by her if you do an author search in
abstracting journals. She is now back in Korea, but I do not know where
she is working.

I hope this is of some use,
Regards, Mary Boyce

Library:
Victoria University of Wellington
Title:
Identifying technical terms : a thesis submitted to [the] Victoria
University of Wellington in fulfilment of the requirements for the
degree of Doctor of Philosophy in applied linguistics / by Teresa Mihwa
Chung.
Main Author:
Chung, Teresa Mihwa.
<http://victoria.lconz.ac.nz/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Author&SEQ=2005051
0085055&PID=19286&SA=Chung,+Teresa+Mihwa.>
Format:
Book
Subject(s):
Terms and phrases.
<http://victoria.lconz.ac.nz/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Subject&SEQ=200505
10085055&PID=19286&SA=Terms+and+phrases.>

English language--Technical English.
<http://victoria.lconz.ac.nz/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Subject&SEQ=200505
10085055&PID=19286&SA=English+language+Technical+English.>

English language--Word frequency.
<http://victoria.lconz.ac.nz/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Subject&SEQ=200505
10085055&PID=19286&SA=English+language+Word+frequency.>

Vocabulary.
<http://victoria.lconz.ac.nz/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Subject&SEQ=200505
10085055&PID=19286&SA=Vocabulary.>

Computational linguistics.
<http://victoria.lconz.ac.nz/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Subject&SEQ=200505
10085055&PID=19286&SA=Computational+linguistics.>
Publisher:
2003.
351 leaves : ill. ; 30 cm.
Series:
Theses. Linguistics, Applied. Ph.D. (Victoria University of Wellington);
11
<http://victoria.lconz.ac.nz/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Title&SEQ=20050510
085055&PID=19286&SA=Theses.>
Notes:
Thesis (Ph.D) -- Victoria University of Wellington, 2003.

Includes bibliographical references.
Catalogue:
Victoria University of Wellington
Location:
Central Theses (Ask at Reserves)
Call Number:
AS741 VUW PhD TLinA 11
<http://victoria.lconz.ac.nz/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=CallNumber&SEQ=200
50510085055&PID=19286&SA=AS741+VUW+PhD+TLinA+11>