[Lexicog] Dictionary

Conor McDonough Quinn quinn at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Sat May 14 15:47:40 UTC 2005

Dia dhuit, a chara!

On Sat, 14 May 2005, arun wrote:

> How do people compile a dictionary? Is not this a task that involves
> lot of people. What are the qualifications for a person to do such a
> job?
Probably the most important qualification is that somebody, anybody, is
willing to try it at all.  If there's dedication, then the rest can be
picked up along the way, either by an individual or by a group of
interested persons.  And I think much of the point of this list is to help
people who don't feel qualified at first to have the chance to pick up the
skills and the resources to make their dictionary happen.

So tell us, what kind of dictionary are you interested in producing?
Till later, keep well.

Sla/n,
Conor McDonough Quinn

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EA3HyD/3MnJAA/79vVAA/HKE4lB/TM