[Lexicog] preposition-focused collocations dictionaries

Wayne Leman wayne_leman at SIL.ORG
Thu May 26 00:54:06 UTC 2005

I would want to be able to quickly locate combinations such as:

at risk
under indictment
on a trip
on drugs
in pain
over the hill
over (his) cold
under the weather

In today's mail I received the BBI Dictionary of English Word Combinations
as well as the Oxford Collocations dictionary. Both dictionaries contain
collocations such as the above examples, but I have to look them up under
the noun, which is OK. But there are times when it would be convenient to be
able to look up combinations via the preposition. Are such dictionararies
available?

Wayne
-----
Wayne Leman