[Lexicog] Digest Number 354

Dick_Watson at GIAL.EDU Dick_Watson at GIAL.EDU
Fri May 27 16:27:46 UTC 2005

From:  Dick Watson <dick-watson at gial.edu>
Subject: Re: Digest Number 353

Hi Allan,

I think it was worth my remarks to get your good answer.  I agree that you
have a good basis for your bias and it sounds like you are also way ahead
of me in your ability to use a parser to analyze and generate the forms.
I've learned a little bit about the ratio of roots to wordforms and the
morphophonology that you have there from working with Chuck Walton in the
Field Methods course here in Dallas.  This discussion also points up the
importance of a grammatical sketch in the dictionary for the serious
scholar who wants a better understanding of what's going on.

Dick