[Lexicog] banana

Mike Sangrey msangrey at BLUEFELTHAT.ORG
Tue Nov 15 21:19:34 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 08:52 +1300, Paviour-Smith, Martin wrote:
> To me the banana has a skin. It only becomes a peel when it is removed
> from the banana. Strangely, for me a rind has to be a rather large piece
> of orange .... Skin ... otherwise it is an orange peel. What do recipes
> that require zest say, take the peel/rind/skin of an orange?

"Use the zest of one orange..."

This just goes to show that Annette didn't have enough appeal because
she lacked zest.

This conversation keeps reminding me of David Copperfield's magic act
where he listens and follows instructions on taking a bandanna, folding
it several times, and placing it in a pocket book borrowed from a woman
in the audience.  The act ends with the instructor reminding the
magician to carefully perform a sleight of hand with the bandanna and
then show the pocket book empty.  David Copperfield's expression at this
point is quite worried.

What's worse is he completely misunderstood the word 'bandanna'.  He
used a 'banana'.

If you picture what a banana looks like after it has been folded several
times, you get a pretty good picture of how funny it was.

O!, yes, the pocket book had no banana.

--
Mike Sangrey                               (msangrey AT BlueFeltHat.org)
Exegetitor.blogspot.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM