[Lexicog] Words formed on the pattern "participle - ing + first name"

Susan Gehr sgehr at KARUK.US
Wed Nov 16 17:01:17 UTC 2005

I only know ŒWaltzing Matilda¹ as the name of an Australian song.

And I don¹t know the history of Creeping Jesus, but I recall an interjection
ŒJumping Jesus Jeohsaphat!¹  or something to that effect.  I know it as a
sort of expression of startled surprise.

--
Susan Gehr
Karuk Language Program Director

Karuk Language Resources on the Web - http://www.karuk.org/