[Lexicog] interesting toolbox unicode problem

Greg Aumann Greg_Aumann at SIL.ORG
Tue Nov 29 01:11:40 UTC 2005

Claire Bowern wrote:
> Hi Neal,
> they were all unicode - that is, the UTF-8 box was ticked for all of them.
>
> I wondered if it might be something to do with specifying the
> capitalisation pairs or something, but that does not seem to affect it
> either.
>
> In another file, incidentally (this is a non-unicode problem) the text
> sequence ng is consistently sorted at the end of the alphabet.

I think your problem is caused by not definining all the symbols used in
your IPA data in the sort order. Thus it is sorting normal ASCII symbols
correctly and ignoring all the others.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM