[Lexicog] asking for advice

shamla medhar sha_sha782001 at YAHOO.CO.IN
Tue Oct 18 05:44:01 UTC 2005

Well bilingual thesaurus is something, which contains two languages as such as bilingual dictionary.  And it is useful for translators who deals with English –Hindi translation.

Benjamin Barrett <gogaku at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
What is a bilingual thesaurus? It sounds interesting.

When I translate, I sometimes use an English monolingual thesaurus to help me find a more appropriate term, but I've never run across a book such as you describe.

* - * - * - * -
Benjamin Barrett
Graduate Student, Department of Linguistics
University of Washington
http://students.washington.edu/bjb5/
* - * - * - * -

---------------------------------
From: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com [mailto:lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of shamla medhar
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2005 11:29 PM

Dear lexicographers

I am trying to compile a bilingual thesaurus (English-Hindi) which will be exclusively meant for translators. It is my doctoral research. I would like to ask you for advice in this area which will guide me in my research and also advice me bibliographical reference on bilingual thesaurus

Science kits Science education Science kit for kid Cognitive science Science education supply My first science kit