[Lexicog] asking for advice

Thu Oct 27 22:58:23 UTC 2005

I think I understand. Using the example of a Spanish->English, is this the
sort of entry you are thinking of (synonyms in parentheses)?

alto - 1. tall, high (lofty, giant, big huge). 2. top, upper (peak, crown,
crest, summit, pinnacle). 3. loud, high (sharp, deafening, piercing,
strident, earsplitting, noisy).

* * * * *
Benjamin Barrett
Baking the World a Better Place
www.hiroki.us
* * * * *

  _____

From: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
[mailto:lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of shamla medhar
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:59 PM
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Lexicog] asking for advice

It is different from bilingual dictionary because bilingual dictionary just
provides us meaning in another language where as it is just like thesaurus
but it will be in the bilingual form. Bilingual thesaurus will provide
equivalents to the English synonyms.

Benjamin Barrett <gogaku at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

How is it different from a bilingual dictionary?

  _____