[Lexicog] like/you know

Rudolph C Troike rtroike at U.ARIZONA.EDU
Tue Sep 6 19:09:35 UTC 2005

The first time I heard these usages was in a radio interview with a girl
in San Francisco during the Haight-Ashbury "flower child" florescence of
the 1960s. I don't remember the question the interviewer asked her, but
her response was along the lines of: "It's like, you know, well, like,
you know, like, it's like, you know...". The interviewer finally gave up
and thanked her and concluded the interview.

	Rudy Troike

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM