[Lexicog] word frequency

Norbert Rennert norbert.rennert at SIL.ORG
Tue Sep 13 18:46:37 UTC 2005

Jan F. Ullrich wrote:

>1)
>Can the occurrence-number be transferred from each of the words in the
>word-list (created from text corpus) into the appropriate entry of the
>dictionary database? Assuming there is a filed marker for that.

I have worked on this problem to solve such a senario. I have written a
cc table which gathers the record marker and the contents of 1 other
specified field and creates another cc table. This second cc table can
then be run on your target file and it will find the record marker and
merge the data into that second file. It can do a data check routine to
make sure that if the two files differ in content in that 1 field it can
either replace with new data or list the conflict at the end of the file
for manual consideration. If you are doing a merge for the first time
this senario should not arise. The merge field needs to exist in the
target file so you might have to do insert that field marker into every
record. This is best done outside of Toolbox with a word processor.
There is a limitation in this cc table in that if you have homographs it
will put the data into the wrong record. Additional modifications could
be made to include the \hm marker in the gathering process, but at this
point I haven't had the need to do this so it hasn't been done yet. If
you could use this file please contact me off-list and I will send you
the file.

Norbert Rennert
Canada Institute of Linguistics

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM