[Lexicog] DDP version 4 release

Ron Moe ron_moe at SIL.ORG
Tue Apr 4 00:22:57 UTC 2006

Version 4 of the Dictionary Development Process (DDP) is now available for
download at:

http://www.sil.org/computing/DDP/index.htm

The primary change is that DDP is now integrated into the FieldWorks
program. Consequently I will no longer be supporting or developing DDP for
Shoebox or Toolbox. Future enhancements will go into FieldWorks. However the
files for Shoebox and Toolbox have been updated for this version and are
available. Future releases will at least include an updated list of semantic
domains for use with Shoebox and Toolbox.

Over 300 of the domain templates have been improved. Unfortunately many
still need work.

My goal for the next few years is to do primary research in a number of
languages in semantics. The results of this research will determine the
direction of future improvements to the overall system. I expect that the
major focus of future development will be to provide help in defining words.
I expect these helps to be domain specific (for instance 'How to define
words in the domain 'Divide into pieces').

Ron Moe