[Lexicog] Digest Number 536

Andy Black andy_black at SIL.ORG
Mon Apr 10 15:38:07 UTC 2006

>There is 1 message in this issue.
>
>Topics in this digest:
>
>      1. Re: Tone languages in Toolbox/Shoebox
>           From: neduchi at netscape.net

>Message: 1
>   Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 06:02:24 -0400
>   From: neduchi at netscape.net
>Subject: Re: Tone languages in Toolbox/Shoebox
>
>Dear  Sophie Salffner and Stuart McGill,
>
>You are not alone in your problem; and the solution is also not around
>the corner!
>
>My first language, Igbo, is also a tone language. The identified tones
>are High, Low, and Downstep; marked with < ´ >, < `>, and < - >
>respectively. I have not found ANY software that can handle a
>combination of the tone marks with specific alphabets as single units.

For what it's worth, there are the TonePars and ToneGen programs
available with CARLAStudio.

See http://www.sil.org/silewp/1997/007/SILEWP1997-007.html for
information on TonePars and
http://www.sil.org/computing/catalog/show_software.asp?id=84 for
CARLAStudio (there is a Unicode version of CARLAStudio available).

--Andy