[Lexicog] Fwd: Why Southern English deserves a separate grammar

Fritz Goerling Fritz_Goerling at SIL.ORG
Sat Dec 9 17:55:17 UTC 2006

Howdy, Rudy,

I am surprised about this American English speaker's response saying:

"For me, 'git' and 'get' are utterly separate lexical items, and 'I told him
get', is simply an uninterpretable sentence fragment."

Do they use in Texas "Git (out of my face, outa town)!" ?

Fritz

Here's another interesting response: