[Lexicog] DIFFICULT WORDS

Tue Jun 6 20:59:17 UTC 2006

Hmm. If the choice is to "turn on" the computer or pick up a dictionary at
hand, I think the dictionary still wins. Since my computer is usually on and
MS Word open, I will usually use that and Google to check spelling and
definitions, but when it's not already on, the dictionary is preferred.

Benjamin Barrett
Baking the World a Better Place
www.hiroki.us

  _____

From: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
[mailto:lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jkrimer

Greetings,

I believe the dictionary has (almost) lost one of its uses.
Although spelling is still of some importance when communicating with
the written word, the dictionary is not our first choice when
confirming spelling. The average person uses a computer much more
often and is more willing to turn on a computer than pick up a
dictionary.

What do you think?

Jonathan

.