[Lexicog] "Ashura" in Major English Dictionaries

Muhammad-Reza Fakhr-Rohani fxr41 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Mon Mar 13 04:09:35 UTC 2006

Dear Lexicographers,
    I wish to seek your assistance about the entry "Ashura" in major English dictionaries andor encyclopedias.
    I am loking for the entire entry "Ashura", viz. the 10th day of the month Muharram,  as it appears in major, unabridge (or collegiate) English dictionaries and/or encyclopedias. So far I have copied the entry from a number of such dictionaries and encyclopedias; however, I wish not to lose any noteworthy entry from anywhere. If the material is not accessible electronically, you can send me by ordinary mail a photocopy of the entry, together full and detailed bibliographical information about the source in which it appears.
   I apreciate your assistance and hope to hear from you soon.
  Sincerely,
  Dr. Muhammad-Reza Fakhr-Rohani
  Mailing address: PO Box 37185-744, Qom, Iran.