[Lexicog] a question about profession

Kenneth C. Hill kennethchill at YAHOO.COM
Wed Mar 15 23:36:12 UTC 2006

It looks like it might be opportune to let the list know yet again what
each one of us is about so people can understand what topics may be of
interest.

I was editor-in-chief of the Hopi Dictionary (published in 1998) and have
continued to work on a digital version of that dictionary, expanding and
improving it. Now that dictionaries have entered the digital age, there's
no problem with dictionaries of minority languages being quite expansive.

Hopi is a Uto-Aztecan language spoken in northeastern Arizona.

Lexicography contributes to my interest in comparative Uto-Aztecan
linguistics.

--Ken Hill

--- "Justice, Alexander" <ajustice at lmu.edu> wrote:

> Interesting. I've been using "fridge" all my 40+ years (raised in or
> near Chicago). So has everyone around me.

. . .