[Lexicog] a question about profession

Mike Sangrey msangrey at BLUEFELTHAT.ORG
Tue Mar 21 16:45:40 UTC 2006

I would also be VERY interested in any responses to this.

In fact, I would be interested in any discussion about how this might be
done.  Think outside the box!  What would you like to see if you had a
bucket of pixie dust and two Aladdin's lamps.

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 15:58 -0800, Wayne Leman wrote:
> I've been fascinated with words all my life. Both my mother and father
> were/are, as well. I have spent the last 30 years studying the
> Cheyenne language spoken in Montana and Oklahoma. It's part of the
> large Algonquian language family of North America. I thoroughly enjoy
> rooting around in the Cheyenne lexicon. It's a high point of any day
> for me if I discover some new Cheyenne word. I'm glad that we have
> computers now and decent programs for working with lexical data. The
> program I use most of the time for lexical work are Shoebox and
> Lexique Pro. Actually, I seldom use Shoebox anymore, but, instead, do
> everything directly from Lexique Pro. It's one of the most
> user-friendly computer programs I have used. I would like to see
> better ways of displaying semantic networks. Semantic domain lists are
> a good start but there is a lot more to semantic networking than
> linear lists. Of course there are plenty of semantic links available
> within Shoebox, Toolbox, and other similar lexical programs, but I
> have yet to use a program that *displays* the variety of linkages very
> well. I have been fascinated using a lexical program for English
> called Visual Thesaurus. It would be nice if we could display semantic
> linkages for other languages as VT does for English.
>
> Wayne
> -----
> Wayne Leman
> Cheyenne website: http://www.geocities.com/cheyenne_language

> Science kits
> Science education
> Science kit for kid
> Cognitive science
> Science education
> supply
> My first science kit

>         Service.

Mike Sangrey                               (msangrey AT BlueFeltHat.org)
Exegetitor.blogspot.com
Landisburg, Pa.
                        "The first one last wins."
            "A net of highly cohesive details reveals the truth."