[Lexicog] a question about profession

Mike Maxwell maxwell at LDC.UPENN.EDU
Tue Mar 21 18:52:16 UTC 2006

> Wayne Leman wrote:
> I have yet to use a program that *displays* the variety of linkages
> very well. I have been fascinated using a lexical program for English
> called Visual Thesaurus. It would be nice if we could display semantic
> linkages for other languages as VT does for English.

You might have a look at Kirrkirr.  Here's a paper about it:

http://nlp.stanford.edu/kirrkirr/doc/ach-allc2000-ver5-single.pdf

...and here's a download site:

http://nlp.stanford.edu/kirrkirr/

(I believe Chris Manning, the author of Kirrkirr, used to be on this
list, but I haven't seen him respond to this query, so I'm doing it.)

   Mike Maxwell
   CASL/ U MD