[Lexicog] Words that are absent in particular languages

Neal_Brinneman at SIL.ORG Neal_Brinneman at SIL.ORG
Wed Mar 22 21:47:40 UTC 2006

French lacks shallow.
Neal

http://www.wysite.org/sites/brinnemans

             "David Williams"
             <david at dwdw1.com>
             lexicographylist@         lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
             yahoogroups.com                                            cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/22/2006 12:41          [Lexicog]  Words that are absent in
             PM                        particular languages

             Please respond to
             lexicographylist@
              yahoogroups.com

HI I'm researching words which some languages omit. I'm trying to
build up some examples. I believe, for instance, that in Swedish there
is no direct counterpart for 'mind'.
If anyone has any examples I'd be delighted to hear them.
cheers
DW