[Lexicog] Slots and slot fillers (nee "Nouns")

John Roberts dr_john_roberts at SIL.ORG
Mon May 29 16:32:38 UTC 2006

Patrick Hanks asked: I couldn't say "I wiated a train" with this meaning.
Could you?

Apparently you can. I googled up these coupla examples off the internet
which have nothing to do with Puget Sound:

"... and about one hour sooner than if I had waited a train for the end of
the morning in Bordeaux."

"I waited a train at the nearest station."

John Roberts

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/HKE4lB/TM