[Lexicog] Unwanted adverts

Allan Johnson allan_johnson at SIL.ORG
Sat Nov 4 16:00:45 UTC 2006

I just noticed that my emails from another "Yahoo groups" group are just
plain text without the fancy ad stuff. I wonder what's the difference
between their group and ours. I'm trying an experiment. Some of the info at
the bottom of the messages from that other group says that my email settings
are "Individual Email | Traditional". And the info at the bottom of this one
has a link that says "Switch format to Traditional". I clicked the link and
it generated a message to Yahoo groups to change my Delivery Format. I
wonder if that will take the fancy extra stuff out of my Lexicog list
messages. I'll report back on how it goes...

Allan J

  _____

From: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
[mailto:lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of List moderator
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 11:35 PM
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Lexicog] Unwanted adverts

Unfortunately not, John. It's a "feature" of Yahoo Groups.

Wayne

This is a message for the list controller.

For a while now messages from the Lexicog list have been coming to me with a

column of Yahoo adverts down the righthand side. I find this annoying
especially when they cover the message itself. Is there a way of not having
this?

John Roberts