[Lexicog] little words...

Julius Becker julius.becker at GMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 4 21:29:19 UTC 2006

Hey Hayim Sheynin,

thank you very much for your e-mail.

With my grandmother's help, I'm able to transcribe the Russian words into
kyrillic. Well, her Russian is kind of rusty, that's why I want to
double-check if the transcription is right.

что-то ('something' – nominative)
чего-то ('something' – genitive)
чему-то ('something' – dative)
что-то ('something' – accusative)
чом-то ('something' – ablative)
чём-то ('something' – instrumental)

кто-то ('someone' – nominative)
кого-то ('someone' – genitive)
кому-то ('someone' – dative)
кого-то ('someone' – accusative)
кем-то ('someone' – ablative)
ком-то ('someone' – instrumental)

Question: My grandmother felt like (she isn't sure at all) -либо could also
be used instead of -то (-> что-либо, кто-либо etc.). Is this right?

And a final question: Those forms look very short. Are there any abbreviated
forms?

Julius Becker