[Lexicog] SIL Comparative African Wordlist (SILCAWL)

lingamish7 david_ker7 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Nov 9 13:32:27 UTC 2006

I noticed this announcement at the SIL site:

    * 2006-005 <http://www.sil.org/silewp/abstract.asp?ref=2006-005>
SIL Comparative African Wordlist (SILCAWL)   James       Roberts and
Keith Snider
There is a link to a PDF version of an extended word list grouped by
semantic domains.  I was aware of the DDP list which is available in the
Files section of this mailing list but the SILCAWL is new to me.  It
appears that they are more concerned with phonetics than lexicography.

Anybody using this wordlist or know anything about it?

David Ker
SIL Mozambique
Nyungwe Project and Lexique Pro fanatic
<http://www.squidoo.com/LexiquePro/>