[Lexicog] Words for "cousin"

Sabine Cretella sabine_cretella at YAHOO.IT
Tue Nov 21 08:09:10 UTC 2006

> I recently read somewhere that Farsi has 8 distinct forms,
> corresponding to the above.  Can anyone confirm whether or
> not this is true?  Or, can anyone confirm whether any other
> language has 8 distinct forms?  Or even 4 different forms?

Hi Doug,

are you talking about Farsi as "Western Farsi" or "Persian" (ISO 639-3 =
pes) or Eastern Farsi (ISO 639-3 = prs) as spoken in Afghanistan?

If you are talking about Western Farsi (=Persian) I know some people I
can ask.

Best, Sabine

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    mailto:lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com