[Lexicog] Words for "cousin"

Sally Keller sally_keller at SIL.ORG
Tue Nov 28 13:24:40 UTC 2006

It is most common to have one more word at the beginning each of these Khmer
phrases refering to cousins. That is either "bààng" (older sibling/cousin)
or "pqoun" (younger sibling/cousin). With cousins, as with siblings, aunts,
uncles, etc., the relative age is the most important thing to specify in
Khmer.

Sally

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    mailto:lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com