Fw: [Lexicog] FILIPINO DIALECT problems in lexicography

goodtracks at PEOPLEPC.COM goodtracks at PEOPLEPC.COM
Thu Nov 30 16:28:04 UTC 2006

Perhaps you can assist this person, since you are trilingual in the Philapines.   jgt

----- Original Message -----
From: catherine_rodil
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 7:39 PM
Subject: [Lexicog] problems in lexicography

Hi! I just want to seek help about my research study. I'm planning to
start my thesis this coming december but the problem is that I do not
know how to produce a trilingual vocabulary of terms in one of the
Filipino dialects. My research title is "An English-Tagalog-Bicol
Vocabulary of Terms in Copra Production" Will it be possible to come
up with a vocabulary of terms in that industry? What could be the
methods in lexicography that I have to use? Will it be possible to
finish my corpus collection and analysis within 4 months? How do I use
the shoebox tool? Thanks a lot for your help.