[Lexicog] Mother-in-law

Fritz Goerling Fritz_Goerling at SIL.ORG
Thu Oct 26 14:53:41 UTC 2006

Hi, Chaz,

What is a good definition of “mixed feelings”? You have “mixed feelings”
when your mother-in-law drives with your brand-new Mercedes over a cliff.

Fritz

Tag, Fritz!

In Colombia a common mother-in-law joke was "Suegra, vaya con Dios-- yo voy
con su hija!" (Mother-in-law, go with God-- I'm going with your daughter!"

I wanted to mention to Michael that I had not heard "madre politica" before,
but maybe that's because I've never been to Shpain.

-Chaz