[Lexicog] buzzwords and fuzzwords: embiggen and debiggen

Fritz Goerling Fritz_Goerling at SIL.ORG
Sun Oct 29 13:22:40 UTC 2006

Hallo, Stefan,

Are you German, judging from your e-mail coming from Berlin?

Well, I posted that page because I wanted to piggy-back from the “embiggen”
thread

in a funny way to a subject I am interested in, viz. buzzwords and
fuzzwords.

I did not mean to make any propaganda for Buddhism. However, I am quite open
to learn from Eastern religions and philosophy. One of my favorites is the
guru of the new science of fuzzy logic, Bart Kosko, to my knowledge a
Buddhist.  His book “Fuzzy Thinking. The New Science of Fuzzy Logic”, 1993
(ISBN 0-7868-8021-X) is fascinating, easy-to-read, enlightening reading. To
talk about “science of fuzzy logic” seems to be a contradiction of terms,
but it is precise, more precise than “binary” logic.

Auf Wiederhören,

Fritz

Those Buddhist pages are indeed very interesting, Fritz.

Thank you for pointing us at them, I had a good time of insightful (or
EnlightENing?) reading...

I can imagine that they contradict your "Christian convictions" in many
ways, though...

Best, Sebastian

___