[Lexicog] Cheyenne dictionary and blog

Mike Maxwell maxwell at LDC.UPENN.EDU
Sat Sep 9 23:03:26 UTC 2006

Benjamin Barrett wrote:
> Perhaps it is an ISP issue, though I've never known my ISP to do
> anything like this...BB

It wouldn't be that your ISP is inserting this trash, it would
(possibly) be that they are caching files that have been asked for (from
before Wayne updated his dictionary), and not looking to see if the
files have changed at the original site in the mean time.

That's the only thing I can think of, although I admit it does seem
rather far-fetched.  Any decent ISP would, I would think, make sure that
they aren't caching a stale version of a file.  Otherwise you'd be
reading yesterday's newspaper.  (When I lived in Philadelphia, on
Saturdays I could read tomorrow's newspaper.  There's a rumor of a guy
in Chicago who can do that every day of the week...)

It would in theory also be possible that your PC is caching an old
version, but that doesn't normally happen for very long.  In any case,
you _should_ be able to fix that problem by telling your browser to
reload the page.  (If that were the problem--and I don't see how it
could be--it would probably show up garbled in one browser, but OK in
another, assuming you have > 1 browser on your PC.)
--
	Mike Maxwell
	maxwell at ldc.upenn.edu

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com