[Lexicog] Shoebox merge and remove duplicates

Wayne Leman wayne_leman at SIL.ORG
Thu Sep 21 21:09:15 UTC 2006

I'm back on the Cheyenne reservation for a week of language work. Somehow,
in the process of creating a smaller database for a school program, I lost
track of my complete database with its latest edits. So I have now made many
changes to a slightly smaller version of the complete database. I still have
the complete database but it is not not up-to-date with changes made this
week.

Is there to automate a process of merging my current database with the
older, larger one and end up with a new database which has all and only the
database records I want? I don't want to manually delete duplicate entries.
I've done that before and it's too much work with the size of my database
now.

I am willing to do a visual check using some compare-files software, if I
can compare differences between two Shoebox databases. But the more
automated the process can be, without losing data, the better.

Thanks,
Wayne
-----
Wayne Leman