[Lexicog] SF markes Philippine Branch

Allan Johnson allan_johnson at SIL.ORG
Thu Apr 26 12:50:17 UTC 2007

They have only limited use - only in Philippine dictionaries that have been
in process for a number of years. It was a good standard, but all the
support for it is rather outdated, requiring the dictionary compiler to be
comfortable with DOS command lines and such. There is much better support
for the MDF format, both in the Toolbox program and in Lexique Pro. So if
you're going to use a backslash code format, I'd recommend going with MDF
unless you have a really good reason to do otherwise (such as a large amount
data already in the Philippine Branch format)

Allan J

-----Original Message-----
From: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
[mailto:lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Vincent `Bentong` S.
Isles
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 1:15 PM
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Lexicog] SF markes Philippine Branch

Hi all,

I kept on reading references to a "Philippine Branch standard slash codes".
Cursory googling has not given be a clue to this however. I would like to
ask if anybody know where I can get more information about this SF markers,
and whether they are still used at this time.
Thanks in advance! -- Bentong Isles

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    mailto:lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com