[Lexicog] eventual cooperation in a comprehensive Norwegian-Spanish dictionary

tornedalen tornedalen at YAHOO.ES
Mon Dec 3 10:56:32 UTC 2007

First of all, I must introduce myself
I'm a Basque-Spanish former student of law, 43 years old, who hasn't
managed to finish his career in the proper time and have been forced
to leave it at least
temporarily. I only passed 21 out of 25 compulsory subjects with 4
1st class with distinction and remission of registration fee and 11
first class).
 Now I intend to earn my living as a professional translator,
especially from texts in law, economics, business, social sciences
in short and, of course, with special delight literature. So I have
passed some tests from the Spanish Foreign Affairs Ministry which
were composed of two parts with direct translation from the foreign
language to Spanish:
.the first one from a text of general content with no
 dictionaries
.the second one form a law or economic text with dic-
 tionary
For the time being, I can translate from several of the main Western
European languages (English, French, German) into my own and also
some lesser used (Dutch -I have passed my examination of Certificat
Nederlands als Vreemde Taal last May 1991
.intermediate and upper level of reading comprehension
.lower level of writing expression.
Danish, Norwegian in both its varieties -bokmAl and nynorsk-,
Swedish, Afrikaans, Italian, Portuguese, Faroese and Frisian.

It has been published in the Spanish Official Gazette that I have
passed my examinations to sworn translator from the following
foreign languages into my own mother tongue, authorised by the
Spanish Foreign Affairs Ministry:
 November 1991: Danish
 March 1993: English, Norwegian and Swedish
 March 1994: French
I have been a member of Nordisk Forening for Leksikografi.
The main goal of my prospected study of the foundations of the
languages in order to get a fairly good level of reading
comprehension and translation into Spanish is manyfold:
. first, to open a door into a new world unknown to me and to the
absolute majority of my fellow citizens here in Spain and I suppose
in the whole Western Europe. We translators are really lucky with a
work which let us to discover so many unknown things, jewels form
lost or forgotten treasures which we can bring to light.
.second, to create a new potential market for my professsional
skills by comparative advantages of specialization. When working
with Spanish publishers of any field I would try to get them
convinced about the intrinsecal value of those main works in your
literature and research which make you proud of your legacy and
culture, in order to get them translated and published in large
reliable trustworthy editions which make them available to a wide
public.
.third, the wish to cooperate in eventual lexicographic tasks when
they think it necessary to create or update a Spanish-foreign
language dictionary ,standard or for special purposes and,above all,
a foreign language-Spanish dictionary in which I as a native speaker
of Spanish language and an experienced translator could be of any
help to the success of the enterprise.
I am deeply interested in the language, literature, culture,
folklore and history of the Scandinavian peoples
Yours faithfully (you can write me back på bokmål eller på nynorsk,
som De synes best)

Lorenzo Arroyo Plaza
Monte Inchorta 5, 2 izquierda
48003 Bilbao (Vizcaya)
Spain

Thanks a lot and excuse for your bothering!

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    mailto:lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com