[Lexicog] Fwd: definitions

Wayne Leman wayne_leman at SIL.ORG
Sat Jan 13 16:03:21 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kryspowicka Karolina" <karolina_kryspowicka at yahoo.co.uk>
To: "lexicographylist Moderator" <lexicographylist-owner at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2007 2:14 AM
Subject: definitions

Dear all,

I am looking for any information concerning any
studies or resources about what is the natural way of
defining nouns, verbs and adjectives.

Together with my friend, we are going to write our MA
thesis about Poles' natural ways of defining those
grammatical categories. We then want to check whether
definitions used in monolingual EFL dictionaries may
be really helpful and user-friendly for Poles.

I would be very grateful for your help.

Karolina Kryspowicka

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    mailto:lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com