[Lexicog] Fwd: definitions

Patrick Hanks hanks at BBAW.DE
Sat Jan 13 18:51:31 UTC 2007

  From: Wayne Leman
  To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
  Cc: Kryspowicka Karolina
  Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2007 5:03 PM
  Subject: [Lexicog] Fwd: definitions

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: "Kryspowicka Karolina" <karolina_kryspowicka at yahoo.co.uk>
  To: "lexicographylist Moderator" <lexicographylist-owner at yahoogroups.com>
  Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2007 2:14 AM
  Subject: definitions

  Dear all,

  I am looking for any information concerning any
  studies or resources about what is the natural way of
  defining nouns, verbs and adjectives.

  Together with my friend, we are going to write our MA
  thesis about Poles' natural ways of defining those
  grammatical categories. We then want to check whether
  definitions used in monolingual EFL dictionaries may
  be really helpful and user-friendly for Poles.

  I would be very grateful for your help.

  Karolina Kryspowicka