[Lexicog] Re: endangered entries for endangered languages

langwijmijij bowern at RICE.EDU
Tue Jun 5 21:49:30 UTC 2007

I'd recommend including everything if possible, if only because it's
not possible to talk to everyone who might have knowledge about the
items, and because discovering other sources for the language might
shed light on them. You could have a note in the entry that "this item
isn't used anymore", or "we aren't exactly sure what this word means"
(although that would apply to most of the words, I sometimes think!)
and they could be filtered out for language learning materials. If
they aren't included, they'll definitely remain a mystery.
Claire

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    mailto:lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com