[Lexicog] dictionary making software

Marc Fryd marc.fryd at UNIV-POITIERS.FR
Wed Jun 20 07:19:12 UTC 2007

Hi,
I have seen numerous discussions on this list on existing dictionary making
software, and my turn has now come to ask for help and advice to determine the
best tool for my project!
I need to build a pronouncing dictionary where word entries may be linked to
IPA phonetic transcriptions (a specially designed and expanded Unicode font),
with possible secondary pronunciation variants. The possibility of adding sound
files illustrating those pronunciations would be great.
It should be possible to structure the database to account for Part of Speech or
other such features.
The possibility should exist of setting up hyperlinks between word entries.
Also, quite importantly, powerful search facilities should allow advanced
phoneme search in the phonetic transcription fields (and also ideally combined
graphemic and phonemic searches).
Obviously, openness of the source codes would be a plus if, as is likely,
expansion of existing features is required.
Marc

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    mailto:lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com