[Lexicog] dictionary making software

Ron Moe ron_moe at SIL.ORG
Wed Jun 20 23:02:51 UTC 2007

Ron Moe

   _____

From: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
[mailto:lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Marc Fryd
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 12:19 AM
To: lexicographylist at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Lexicog] dictionary making software

Hi,
I have seen numerous discussions on this list on existing dictionary making
software, and my turn has now come to ask for help and advice to determine
the
best tool for my project!
I need to build a pronouncing dictionary where word entries may be linked to
IPA phonetic transcriptions (a specially designed and expanded Unicode
font),
with possible secondary pronunciation variants. The possibility of adding
sound
files illustrating those pronunciations would be great.
It should be possible to structure the database to account for Part of
Speech or
other such features.
The possibility should exist of setting up hyperlinks between word entries.
Also, quite importantly, powerful search facilities should allow advanced
phoneme search in the phonetic transcription fields (and also ideally
combined
graphemic and phonemic searches).
Obviously, openness of the source codes would be a plus if, as is likely,
expansion of existing features is required.
Marc

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
1:12 PM

Checked by AVG Free Edition.