[Lexicog] dictionaries and audiences

Michael Mann happy.eater at WEB.DE
Tue Mar 27 17:15:47 UTC 2007

Dear Bill,

I absolutely agree with your post about different dictionaries for different audiences built from one electronic source. I just finished my master's thesis (German: Magisterabeit, not exactly the same, but close) where I sketched some ideas about getting different types of users (freshmen, experts) with different skills to different (i.e. matching) kind of data selected from one online database. (I'm talking about LSP dictionaries here.)

At the moment I'm preparing my doctoral thesis which will be about roughly the same subject -- this is why I'm wondering whether you can recommend any literature about such innovative electronic dictionaries that adapt to their users. I didn't find much during my investigation.
Do you work on a similar project yourself?

Regards,
Michael

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    mailto:lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com