[Lexicog] Query on how to deal with coined words

Vincent `Bentong` S. Isles bentong.isles at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 29 21:57:08 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am Bentong Isles, and I am part of a group compiling a dictionary of
the Cebuano language (ISO 632 code ceb). We are using ToolBox to
compile our data. In the 1930's Cebuano received a lot of "coined
words" as "real Cebuano" equivalents for Spanish and English words
used at that time. For example, instead of "siyudad" for city (from
Sp. ciudad), Cebuano writers during that time invented "dakbayan",
from "DAKong BAYAN", which literally means "big town". My question is,
how do I encode this information in my data file? Does it go into \et?

Thanks for any help that you can offer.

--Bentong Isles

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    mailto:lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com