[Lexicog] Collaborative online dictionary

Ivaylo Ivanov ivaylo at VIP.BG
Thu Nov 1 09:41:45 UTC 2007

Greetings,

We are a group of translators who want to set up a website where we
can publish/search glossary and dictionary databases.

For this reason we need a product that support at least the
following features:
- upload ready-made glossaries/dictionaries (probably in CSV or
another exchange format)
- add/edit terms or dictionary entries online
- download the lexical database for offline maintenance
- suggest a term for translation
- report bugs in the existing entries
- log the search terms for further analysis
- comment online on the existing terms and their elements

The idea of our project is to set up an online collaborative
dictionary which will be used and enhanced in time to meet
translation rather than lexicographic needs.

Would you be so kind to suggest a tool/application/script or refer
me to some website that can help us in our endeavours?

Thank you and I'll be looking forward to your recommendations

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    mailto:lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com